Our donors and supporters have engaged in many creative outreach and fundraising activities - here are some examples of how you can get started too!
- Support the Back-to-School Campaign - This fall we are supporting St. Kizito with a campaign to ensure that all children are ready to learn! As children in your community get ready for school we invite you to help CKI do the same!
- Book Clubs - CKI board member, Bryan Mealer, has written All Things Must Fight to Live, an illuminating portrait of Congo. Read, discuss, and get inspired to help support CKI. Buy it here.
- Getting married or celebrating another milestone? - Share your support for shelter, health, and education by inviting friends and family to give in your honor to the children of St. Kizito by supporting CKI. If you need a special announcement for an event don't hesitate to let us know - we've got lots of examples and are happy to make one just for you (and we'd love to share your generosity on our blog and social media!)
- Photographers, professional and aspiring! Host a photoshoot for family, friends, and community members & donate proceeds to CKI. See our blog post about last year's photo event and design your own. Email us to brainstorm ideas!
- Tech geeks, we love you! We are doubling down on education this year and on filling the need for our orphanage and medical staff to be able to access emergency help and public health information even in an area with little contact to the internet. Working with eGranary and the University of North Carolina we are raising funds to provide "Internet-in-a-Box" with a richly loaded multi-lingual server and 20 laptops to St. Kizito. Once the system is up and running - our next goal is adding internet access! Do you have experience in rural installations, potential hardware or software sponsors, or simply patience to help us work through the logistics of this great endeavor? Let us know!
- Faith Based Communities - Use our downloadable materials and powerpoint to raise awareness and encourage support for the children of CKI's school, orphanage, and clinic for your gatherings.
- GOT MORE IDEAS? LET'S BRAINSTORM! WE'RE ALWAYS HERE AT: congokidsinitiative.org
- Tool Kit (check back for more tools soon!)